. Last Updated: 08/02/2022
CS:GO is experiencing a major ranking reset once again after Valve pushed “many changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm” in the game’s August 1 patch. All players will have to win a game to see their new rank, which may have changed several levels.
CS:GO’s in-game matchmaking queue, especially for competition, is considered a bit of a meme. Matchmakers can often have a hard time finding balanced games, and player rankings often skew to the low side.
This doesn’t help because the presence of third-party programs like FACEIT or ESEA often takes very competitive players off the public queue.
However, Valve is trying to entice players to promote Global Elite in CS:GO by making some major adjustments to competitive matchmaking in the game. In doing so, people were resetting their rankings somewhat.
“Typically when we submit changes to CS:GO’s matchmaking system, the adjustments are small enough that we don’t include them in our release notes,” The developers told the players on August 1. “However, today’s update affects all CS:GO players so it needs some explanation.”
“When you launch CS:GO, you will notice that your Skill Pool is not displayed – you will have to win another match to reveal your Skill Pool. Most of you will notice a change to your Skill Pool, but some of you may find that you’ve come to the right place. “
Although Valve didn’t specify the exact matchmaking changes —only that there are “many changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm” — players hope it can fix some of the ranking issues. grade is skewed.
This isn’t the first drastic ranking reset that CS:GO has experienced. Valve pushed the game’s existence very early on after players found themselves having sky-high rankings. Since that adjustment, players have leaned heavily towards Silver and Gold Nova.
To know exactly where you will land, you need to win a competitive game. After you do that, your new Skill Pool will be revealed.
In addition to the matchmaking changes, Valve also updated the cannons on Ember as part of CS:GO patch August 1. You can find the full notes below.
August 1 CSGO patch
- Changes to cannons
- Changed the angle the North cannon faces
- Cannons can now point upwards and be twice as fast
- Now has 3 fire rates (changed with mouse2)
- Inaccuracy factor reduction
- Killfeed now shows weapon icons
- Creates powerful shaking screens and more particle effects
- The base model now rotates as well
- Increases cannon bullets damage after their initial collision
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to collide with cannons and keep control
- Fixed cannons keep spinning when not in use
- Added bus to the bus terminal outside Industry
- Many changes to the competitive matchmaking algorithm, which will require Skill Groups to be recalibrated for accuracy. Your Skill Pool won’t show up until you win your next match.
- The game instructor must now correctly reload the saved state if it was turned off and on again.
- Game instructor floating hints are disabled in competitive matches.