Bao Hoang is The Daily Beast’s newsletter for all things royal and Royal. Ordered here to get it to your inbox every Sunday.
Row about the allegations that Meghan Markle bullying members of staff while she was a working member of the royal family – angrily denied by Meghan as a “smear campaign” at the time – turned into farce on Thursday, after when Buckingham Palace confirmed rumors that it would not publish a report that it authorized on the matter, did not allow those who provided evidence for the report to view it and did not make any changes public for the palace’s personnel policy from the report.
A source said the palace would not comment further but told The Daily Beast: “Proposals will be implemented,” adding, “Lesson learned.”
Palace told walkie talkie they have drawn a veil of secrecy to protect the “confidentiality” of, among others, those who give evidence in the report, however on Thursday there was much doubt that the palace was indeed working. act avoid antagonism with Harry and Meghan.
The pair still have the power to inflict enormous reputational damage on the royals. Harry has a memoir due out in the fall and they have been seen with Oprah Winfrey in recent days, raising concerns that the pair may be planning another sit-in.
Bullying allegations made by Meghan and Harry’s Communications director Jason Knauf in 2018, who wrote to their private secretary, alleges the behavior is “completely unacceptable” and claims “that the Duchess was able to bully the two PAs out” from the household in the past year.”
However, the statements appear only in Time days before Harry and Meghan’s big interview with Oprah Winfrey in which they accused a member of the royal family of racism. The move is seen by many as an “oppo dumping ground” as the palace aims to lessen or distract from the impact of the oppo. Harry and Meghan’s revelation.
The couple denied the allegations, saying Meghan was “deeply saddened by this latest attack on her character, especially one who has become the target of her own bullying.”
Buckingham Palace vows to investigate the allegations but Daily mail reported that at a Wednesday briefing for the annual royal financial report it was revealed that the findings would never be published, with the so-called Master of the Privy Wallet, Mr. Michael Stevens, said of the investigation: “There is nothing about this in the report. As we said last year, this work was done privately and there was no Sovereign Funding money spent on it. .”
The Letters speak that staff involved in the investigation “only recently discovered it was injured” and “will not be told what its findings are.”
A source told Letters: “Considering the participants doing so pose great personal and reputational risk, the fact that they were not even told what the findings were was incomprehensible. I’m sure they’ll be devastated, but perhaps not entirely surprised by how things have been handled. Households appear to be fearful of upsetting or provoking Harry and Meghan.”
The revelation of the buried investigation came when the annual Sovereign Grants report was published. It shows the queen’s total annual spending has increased by 17% to £102.4 million ($122 million) in 2021/22 and the property maintenance budget has grown by £14.4 million (17). $.26 million) to £63.9 million ($76.2 million), largely spurred by extensive renovations at Buckingham Palace.