Ricky Martin says home abuse allegations are ‘fabricated’

A judge in Puerto Rico has issued a domestic violence-related restraining order against singer Ricky Martin, local authorities announced Saturday – charges representing the Latin pop icon are mounted. label “false and fabricated”.

According to police spokesman Axel Valencia, the order was signed on Friday and police visited an affluent neighborhood in the town of Dorado, where the 50-year-old singer lives, to try to carry out the order.

“So far, the police have not been able to find him,” Valencia said.

It remains unclear who requested the restraining order, and police said he could not release details on the matter because the order was filed under Puerto Rico’s domestic violence law.

El Vocero, a Puerto Rican newspaper, Saturday report that the order states that Martin and the other have been dating for seven months. The outlet cites the order as saying they broke up two months ago – but the petitioner alleges Martin did not accept the separation and has been near the claimant’s home at least three times.

“The petitioner feared for his safety,” El Vocero quoted the order as saying.

Valencia said the injunction prohibits the “Livin ‘ la Vida Loca” singer from contacting or calling the person who filed the application and that a judge will then decide during the hearing whether the order should be upheld or lifted.

Valencia noted that the person who applied for the restraining order did not contact the police, which would help prosecutors determine if there was enough evidence to press charges. Instead, the request went directly to the court.

In response, the legal representative of Martin denied statements to Everyone and Telemundo in stories published late on Saturday.

“The allegations against Ricky Martin that resulted in a protective order are completely untrue and fabricated,” they told the outlet. “We are very confident that when the truth is released in this matter, our client Ricky Martin will be fully exonerated.”

News comes later Martin was slapped last week with a $3 million lawsuit from his former manager Rebecca Drucker for unpaid commissions.

“Martin completely and maliciously refused to give Rebecca millions of dollars in commissions he owed her under their management agreement,” reads part of the 15-page lawsuit filed Wednesday.

In one Newly released documentaryAlthough no specific charges have been filed against Martin, members of his former boy band, Menudo, are accused of being subjected to sexual abuse, bullying, along with oppressive working conditions and having drug exposure at an early age.

But Martin – who was not interviewed in the four seasons of HBO Max’s documentary “Menudo: Forever Young” – made life difficult for the members, according to Sergio Blass, who was a member of the group from 1986 to 1990.

Blass said: “Being with Ricky was cruel because he was older than me. “So if someone knocks on the door, I have to open it. If the phone rings, I have to pick it up. I’m like his housewife.”

There is a lanyard

Leave a Comment