On one hand, Game Pass is losing a lovely dungeon crawler that can say things about the existence of modern life. But on the other hand, it is at least becoming one of the most heartless Ubisoft map games in recent memory (I’ll give you a guess). Here’s what’s coming to Microsoft’s on-demand game service in the coming weeks.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands (cloud, console, PC)
- Turbo Golf Racing (cloud, next generation console, PC)
- Two-point basis (cloud, console, PC)
- Cooking Simulator (cloud, console, PC)
- Expeditions: Rome (COMPUTER)
- Offworld Trading Company (COMPUTER)
And here is the full list of games that are leaving as of August 15:
- Dungeon Boyfriend (cloud, console, PC)
- Curse of the Dead God (cloud, console, PC)
- Library Ruina (cloud, console, PC)
- Starmancervia Game Preview (PC)
- Train Sim World 2 (cloud, console, PC)
Dungeon Boyfriendeven though messy controversy, bad faith has determined the release last summer, easily one of the most engaging dungeon crawlers in recent years. In the dating sim, you date people who can transform into weapons and use those weapons to combat the physical manifestations of your anxiety in isometric combat. Not only is the combat a blast, but it also has some crisp dialogue rife harsh commentary on the good and bad sides of modern dating. It was a bummer to see it leave.
This month’s major Game Pass addition, Ghost Recon Wildlands, there is… a lot to talk about. Undoubtedly, Ubisoft’s co-op shooter sports solid gunplay and an impressively large, if not vividly accurate, open world. But it’s also a politically disgusting, cross-border propaganda game that portrays Bolivia as a drug nation ravaged by cocaine cartels: You play as a team of American special forces storming in to “save” “that day”. Ubisoft did a poor job representing the country Bolivian Interior Minister sent an official letter for the French government and threatened with legal action.
But hey, at least Turbo Golf Racing—A game that basically looks like Rocket League into a golf course and also a game I just learned today — AF looks great.